What is Route Optimisation?
Route optimisation is the process of planning the fastest and most cost-effective route. It’s more complex than simply finding the shortest path between two points. It needs to include all relevant factors, such as the number and location of all the required stops on the route and the delivery time window.
Last-mile delivery software (TrackoMile) and fleet management software (TrackoBit) both offer route optimisation so that the companies can ensure on-time deliveries.
What are the Features of Route Optimisation Software?
- Multi-Stop Routing: This is the core feature of route optimisation software. It allows managers to input multiple destinations or stops and then calculate the most efficient order in which to visit them
- Real-time Traffic Updates: The software provides real-time data on traffic conditions, accidents, road closures, and other factors that might impact the route. It then adjusts the route accordingly to save time.
- Distance and Time Calculations: The route optimisation solution calculates the distance and estimated travel time between each stop, considering various factors such as road types, speed limit and traffic conditions.
- Reporting and Analytics: Businesses get reports on completed routes, delivery time, distance covered and other performance metrics of the fleet or last-mile delivery trips.
What are the Benefits of Route Optimisation?
- – Cost Savings
- – Time Efficiency
- – Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
- – Better Resource Utilisation